Creative new and vintage fibre arts for all your artistic needs. Vintage and boho treasures.
Time & Location
Jul 01, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jul 27, 2021, 12:00 PM
About the Event
1. Knit in any cotton, cotton/linen blend yarn.
2. Finish by deadline.
3. Follow me on Instagram and provide insta profile name, participate in insta chat.
4. Take good quality pictures. Just a selfie is not adequate, they need to be good social media quality sharing pictures.
6. Add project to ravelry using the code provided and provide updates.
7. Have fun and Enjoy :)
I wanted to do stripes….but not any plain stripes, but lines going vertically and perpendicularly. Meeting in the middle for this cool, modern funky look.
I found this fiber on clearance in my LYS and figured, why not? Organic cotton is fantastic for the summer and fell into my idea of funky stripes quite beautifully. Delightfully non itchy and cool with an awesome drape.
Unfortunately, this fiber is discontinued but organic cotton is not hard to find by other manufacturers.
32.5, (37, 41.5, 46, 48)in or 82.5, (94, 105, 117, 122)cm
Ease recommended. Pictured on a model with size 36 in bust in size 46.
22 sts/ 32 rows in a 4in (10cm) blocked, swatch knitted in St st on Size 6 (4mm) needles.
Tip: treat your swatch as you will the finished garment, in my case I used organic cotton. I washed my gauge swatch in the machine on cold cycle and dried in the dryer until fully dried. Measured my gauge based on the dried sample.
Shibui Fern in Caffeine and Ivory
Amount needed 2, (2, 3, 3, 3,) of each colour or approx. 500, (500, 730, 730, 730) yards of each colour.
Test knitters to help with accurate yarn usage.
Any cotton yarn is perfect.
· Recommended interchangeable needle set, with different cord lengths
· Size 6 US (4mm) with a 24 in 61cm cord
· size 3 US (3.25mm) with 16 in (40cm)
· Stitch holder, or spare yarn,
· Markers, 1 different colour to denote start of round,
· Row counter recommended,
· Darning needle for weaving in ends.
Simple decreases, simple stockinette pattern, purling.
Notes about construction:
Knitted flat in sections, pieces are assembled together as you knit.
Some finishing is done in the round.