Creative new and vintage fibre arts for all your artistic needs. Vintage and boho treasures.
Sat, Apr 02|
Helena Test knit
Do you like texture, softness and oversized comfort? This knitted pullover is for you. Join Us for this Hedgehog fibres collaboration.
Time & Location
Apr 02, 2022, 7:00 PM MDT – Jun 26, 2022, 11:00 PM MDT
About the Event
10 TESTERS needed, to knit any size.
Please note deadline and start itme as well as event rules.
Accepted participants will be notified via email.
A, B, C, D, E, F
Finished blocked bust circumference 47, (49, 51, 53, 54.5, 56) in, 119.5, (124, 129, 134, 138.6, 143) cm
Garment is oversized, meant to fit with ease of about 10 in (25 cm). Pictured in size D on a model with 38 in (96.5) bust.
Measurements provided in consecutive order, with smaller number outside the bracket.
See schematics for more measurements (in pattern)
17 sts/ 18 rows in a 4in (10cm) blocked swatch knitted in the round. Swatch is knitted using two different needle sizes, size 6 US (4mm), and size 11US (8mm).
Pattern for swatch:
Round 1: Using size 11 needles and mohair held double *k1, p1*
Round 2: Using size 6 needles and DK neutral *k1tbl, p1*
CC (Contrast color):3, (3, 3, 4, 4, 4)70% Kid Mohair, 30% Silk lace weight yarn. 50g skeins/420m. Held double.
MC (Mail color): 3, (3, 3, 4, 4, 4) DK weight yarn, 100% Merino wool, super wash. 100g skeins/200m. Held single.
· Size 6 US (4mm) and size 11 (8mm) needles, preferably circulars with a variety of interchangeable cords,
· Crotchet hook of any size,
· DPN’s in size 6 US (4mm), alternatively the magic loop can be used,
· 4 stitch markers, one of different colour to denote the start,
· Darning needle.
· Knit and purl stitches,
· Tubular CO for neck ribbing,
· Backwards loop CO for underarms,
· Use of crotchet hook for tubular CO,
· Stretchy bind off,
· Make 1 left leaning and make 1 right leaning stitches.
Notes about construction:
Knitted top down, simple raglan style pullover. It is knitted in one piece featuring balloon sleeves.